Friday, August 13, 2010

Oh I Don't Know

Has anyone ever had one of these?
I got a coupon for one, so I decided to try it out. It's a tiny watermelon that is super yummy and has less rind.



I don't remember how much it was with or without the coupon, and I'm never one to buy a whole watermelon, but this was so darn good that I'd probably get it again. Very flavorful and juicy!!



I finally got around to making hummus, and it was the best thing that's ever happened to me...ever.
I had to chain the refrigerator shut so there'd be some left when Andy got here.
I just made your typical hummus recipe that you can find on any recipe website (chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil) and then I added salt, pepper, little bit of cumin, and chipotle seasoning. I think the key to the awesomeness was definitely the olive oil and lemon juice. Sooooo good soooo creamy and delicious!



I also tried out something new a couple days ago, and I don't really know how I feel about it. I wanted to make something that was kind of breakfasty, so I did this: bed of spinach, crack two eggs on top, add a sliced tomato and sliced cheese, a Serrano pepper, and spices.


So that's what I did. I waited until it was almost done to add the cheese and turn the oven to broil. Maybe I overcooked the eggs. Maybe I shouldn't have mingled them so closely to the spinach. I just don't know. It definitely tasted really good, it was just one of those things that when it was over, you were glad that you didn't have to eat any more.
I have been spending so much time on Smitten Kitchen and she has a ton of awesome recipes that incorporate baking the eggs, so I wanted to try it myself. I guess I should have just followed one of her recipes.


It looked pretty though!
So now I'm getting ready for Andy to get here...I'm recreating The Pioneer Woman's firecracker shrimp for an appetizer. I tried it last night and it was amazing. So spicy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment