Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Eggplants noms.


Andy's mom gave me an eggplant, which I was very excited about, so I decided to roast it the other night. I just chopped it up into cubes, put it on the pan, and sprinkled it with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Yum!


Remember the sweet potato sandwich from the cafe in Boston? I made some of the tahini yogurt sauce by mixing one part tahini to two parts yogurt and a few squirts of lemon juice. It was delicious! I thought it would be awesome with the eggplant, since they both have that middle eastern thing going on.


And it was! After it roasted for about 20 minutes at 425 degrees, I put some dollops on the eggplant and returned the pan to the oven for a few more minutes.


I used the rest as dipping sauce, and my life hasn't been the same since...well at least until I had TJ's Tom Yam soup. Now my life is really amazing.


Up next in the chronicles of Kelly: why Pittsburghers shouldn't own vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment