Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ladles

On Monday, after a frustrating (but fun) weekend, Andy came over and took me to Ladles in Springdale. Ladles is very close to me, but I hadn't tried it until this Monday...and I'm sad I waited so long! On the outside, you assume it's just another Italian restaurant, as there are many in the area.
When we got there, we noticed that we were the only ones there. I guess that will happen at 8:30 on a Monday night. The manager/owner (?) was very friendly and the waiter was super nice as well. The inside is very cozy and made us feel at home.
Their beer selection is semi-decent, and they have a very extensive wine selection.




We started off with their hot artichoke dip. We weren't expecting the bread bowl, so that was an added bonus! This dip was definitely home made, and it was so delicious! It wasn't too heavy - the artichokes were the main star, and the rest of the dip took the back seat. There were seriously huge chunks of artichokes!


Andy started off with a cup of the crab bisque, and also ordered the burger with bleu cheese and mushrooms. He said it was fantastic!


I ordered the small portabello salad (can you believe this is the small?) with their homemade balsamic vinaigrette. O.M.G. the dressing was amazing! The mushrooms were awesome as well. Slightly too salty, but delicious nonetheless.


I also ordered a bowl of the crab bisque. This was so decadent. More crab than cream. I don't usually like super creamy soups, so I was worried when ordering this bisque. But no, this was absolutely amazing, and in no way super creamy. I could barely finish half of it, especially after the dip. So rich, and awesome to have leftovers!


I'm so happy I finally tried Ladles. I will definitely be back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Ladles looks like a quality spot. I have never had crab bisque - but I love a good lobstr bisque and I love crab so I imagine that would be stellar!

    Have a great weekend Kelly!

    ReplyDelete