Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm Cold

Seriously it's so cold in here. The problem is, it heats up to the mid sixties during the day, so I don't want to turn the heat on and wake up roasting. It's a problem.


My new favorite way to kick the cold's ass?
Kikkoman Miso Soup packets. They're great! You get three little packets in the big packet for about $3.

 Just heat up water, and pour over the powder/dried tofu. All of a sudden you have miso soup in front of you. I love it! It's so comforting. This is definitely not replacing my Annie Chun's miso soup bowls, however. The noodles in those are delicious and substantial enough for a meal.

However, I am out of them. I am out of almost everything...I really, really need to go to the store! For breakfast my options are boxed wine and Crispix. Tempting, but I do have to drive later.
I used my sad wrinkly eggplant for my meal at work last night.

Cubed, olive oiled, salted, peppered, and roasted.


Okay, so this looks really gross. I promise it was good though! I mashed up the eggplant with tahini, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, and a little more salt. Baba ghannouj of sorts, but definitely not up to authentic standards.
I toasted a bagel (maybe another authenticity fail?) and dipped it in my creation. 
It worked.

And it's finally Friday! After a four day week last week, I didn't think I was going to make it through this one. I hope everyone's weekend is great! I have some excellent adventures planned tonight with one of my best friends who I never see even though we both live in the Pittsburgh area. Should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you hate it when you have something tasty and it doesn't photograph well? Hope you get warmed up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete