Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Curry!

I made curry the other day.
Actually it was last week.
I've just been too lazy to blog about it.
I was going for the type of curry you get in a Thai restaurant that you eat with rice and it's totally awesome and delicious and you'd rather swim in the bowl than eat it with a spoon. It turned out very tasty, but it wasn't Thai-ish enough. I think it needed lemongrass or something Thai-sounding like that.
Here's the stuff that went in: eggplant, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, tofu. Yum.


I fried the tofu. It turned out better than it usually does, but I can never get it to look like they do in restaurants. Maybe they deep fry it, where I just sauté it in a whole bunch of oil. I used olive oil, and that was probably a mistake, but that's all I had.



I looked at a million recipes online and most said to use curry paste. I don't have curry paste. I do have hot curry powder though...so I added water to make my own paste. Is that wrong? I don't care. I also put vindaloo powder in it for funsies which probably took away from the Thai and added some Indian flair, but again, I don't care.



I sautéd the veggies to deliciousness. I thought the red peppers looked so pretty sliced that thin.
I added the "paste" and some more seasonings like salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.



I added coconut milk, water (the coconut milk was really thick), and tofu, and voila!



I didn't make rice...probably should have.
Oh, and next time I'm definitely buying lite coconut milk. Walmart didn't have any, so I'll try someplace else. I didn't look at the nutrition facts, because I realllllly didn't want to know.



In blog related news, Kristie at Notquitewhatihadplanned.com is not blogging any more :( I'm so sad! She said on her blog that people can just add her on Facebook, but I thought that would be a little creepy of me to do that.
I also found an awesome blog that was mentioned on the Today Show website, The Daily Nail. She's creating a new nail design for every day of the year, and they're SO PRETTY! Emily, you'll love it.
And...Iowa Girl Eats put my guest post on her blog!!! She's in Italy and had people send in guest posts, and she picked mine for one of them! WOOHOO!!! :)
Off to dance around my apartment and digest some of Kay's leftover mac n cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Really cool about getting your pictures on IGE. The curry looked wonderful. I really want some!!

    ReplyDelete