Tuesday, July 13, 2010

An Empty Apartment

The keys to my new place! 


This is the view from my balcony...nice and quiet! I'm on the second floor.


This my modest little kitchen. They just put a brand new fridge in yesterday. It's nice and...cold! I like the "hardwood" floors they put in. It used to have ugly tile. There also used to be a broken dishwasher, so they took that out and are buying me a rolly cart to put under the counter next to the fridge.


This is the view from the back of the living room looking at the balcony. There's more to the living room around the corner. He had the air conditioning blasting (perhaps he forgot that the electric bill is now in my name?) to dry the carpets, so it was niiiiice and COOL in there. The carpet cleaners were there earlier and did a nice job cleaning.

Aaaand, back to my old place. I made a stop at Trader Joe's on the way back to pick up some groceries and had a little snack (a la Iowa Girl Eats), which is nicely displayed on the place mats from Uncle Fred! (Sorry Uncle Fred, they've gotten kinda dirty). I enjoyed a sliced pink lady apple (the best apple there is), some fresh herb and garlic chevre, and some almond butter with sea salt. Thank you Trader Joe's for your delicious...everything, and thank you IGE for your tasty snack recommendations! 

Please excuse my photos. I use my camera phone, as it is easy and convenient to both take photos with and to load them on this blog. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment