Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fajitas!

 Andy and I made fajitas a few days ago…nothing to crazy or original, but man they were delicious. When Andy comes over, we try to make quick, easy dinners (and in theory fajitas are quick and easy), but somehow they always take us forever. We haven’t exactly figured out why yet. We can’t blame alcohol, because these are nights when I have to go to work in a couple hours. No idea.

DSC00679 

With two banana peppers, one serrano, and two habaneros, these fajitas were bound to be spicy…yum!!

DSC00680 

What a beautiful sight!! Mostly peppers and onions, plus a bunch of itty bitty button mushrooms. They were so cute! Everything got sautéed together for a few minutes.

DSC00682 

I made a mango salsa to balance the heat a bit, and it had mango, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. So easy, yet so delicious. This got way better over a couple of days too.

DSC00683 

My favorite part of the fajitas were these AMAZING tortillas! Made by La Tortilla Factory, these corn/wheat blend tortillas were phenomenal. Seriously. I have never been so impressed by a simple tortilla. They were moist, thick, chewy…almost like naan! I’m so in love with these.

DSC00684 

The tortillas were topped with fat-free refried beans, the veggies, shredded cheddar, and the salsa. We also dabbed some chipotle hot sauce here and there for some extra deliciousness. That’s it! I obviously put way to many toppings on my tortilla, but the difficulty of eating it was worth it. So many flavors…so wonderful!

DSC00686

My mom is going to be here TOMORROW!!! :) Lots to get done before then! I’ll be sure to fill these pages with the crazy amounts of sushi that we’re going to eat.

5 comments:

  1. So much stuff to cut up, I bet that's what takes forever! Looks tasty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The slicing and dicing of all the veggies is our crux Emily. How fast can I fry up a steak? 1 minute. 30 seconds on each side. Boom. But the fajitas were delicious. With all the bell peppers I did not miss the meat. The crunch of them was awesome. Cooking dinner with Kelly is one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sweet Andy. I like cooking with Kelly too but it might be because we drink so much when we do : )

    ReplyDelete