Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thai Foon

 Andy and I met up for lunch at Thai Foon in Robinson (Not to be confused with Typhoon in Shadyside) last weekend. This is a new Thai restaurant in the new Settler’s Ridge shopping monstrosity. It’s very casual, quick, and relatively inexpensive. I really enjoy the atmosphere at Thai Foon. It’s nicely decorated, but like I said, casual.

DSC00228

For our quick lunch, I had the Lemongrass Tofu (Spicy Lemongrass sauce stir-fried with bamboo shoot, onion, mint leave, cilantro and lime). The sauce was delicious, and the tofu was cooked very nicely. I’m always so frustrated that I can never recreate restaurant tofu at home. It wasn’t spicy whatsoever, so we asked for sides of Sriracha and chiles in oil. I also had green tea to accompany my lunch.DSC00226 

Andy went with the Spicy Basil with Beef (Brown chile sauce with spicy pepper, bamboo shoot, Thai basil, cilantro and lime). I think this is at least the third time he’s ordered it, so it’s gotta be good!

DSC00227 

I definitely recommend coming here for a laid back meal. Don’t expect anything fancy, but it’s still great food nonetheless! Also, two people can eat for around $15…nice! If you eat fast, you could easily be in and out in less than 30 minutes. It’s never taken more than five minutes to get our food! The huge windows let in lots and lots of light at lunch, (can you tell by the pictures?) but it really didn’t bother us.

Delicious, quick food at a great price…can’t complain!

6 comments:

  1. you find some great local restaurants! (well not that I'm a local, but if I were...) and now I'm totally craving thai and a warm pot of green tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This restaurant looks so inviting with the sunshine streaming through the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy looks like he has bamboo coming out of his head - I love it. I wish we had a quick Thai place near my work, it's lunch time and I'm craving it now. Maybe I'll swing by Bangkok Wok on my way home from work : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it is now BYOB with a three dollar bottle charge. So you can go to the Market District(which you should write an article on) get a big ol' bottle of beer or wine if they ever get the arcade machine fixed. Go get ThaiFoon, eat then go back to walk it off and eat cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a perfect day Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful lighting on those pictures! The food looks so good.

    ReplyDelete