Friday, January 21, 2011

Rum Slushy

 I have a busy day ahead of me that includes leaving for WV, so here is a quick recipe for a rum slushy to start your weekend off the right way!

My sister and I made these this past weekend, and they ended up being quite delicious!

I had some frozen raspberries in my freezer and a giant bottle of rum from New Year’s, so we got to work on creating our own drink. First we tried just raspberries and rum. That……didn’t work out so well. It was basically raspberry sorbet with wayyyyy to much rum. And yes, there is such a thing as too much rum. It just wasn’t enjoyable and we couldn’t taste the raspberry at all.

DSC00156

We then added frozen mango, ice, and lots of grapefruit juice, and…success!! They were great! The grapefruit really stood out, which was nice. The mango got kind of lost, but I think it gave the drink a smoother texture. At first, these were eat-with-a-spoon drinks, but after a few minutes they became thinner and more drinkable.

DSC00158

You could definitely try these with any type of alcohol and any type of juice. I think pineapple juice would have been great as well! Pineapple juice, raspberries, and tequila? I think YES!!

2 comments:

  1. these look so tasty! I'm more into hot drinks these days, I made a Hot Buttered Rum last week!

    ReplyDelete