Monday, October 25, 2010

Burgers!

My mom sent me this recipe for eggplant burgers. She has made them a couple of times and said they were awesome! It ended up being sooo tasty and very simple. I'm definitely making these more often. However, I think that next time I'll bake it loaf-style.

 I obviously need a bigger sauce pan.


I boiled the eggplant for about 20 minutes, and the cubes got all green and mushy. Sounds yummy, right? Then I had to drain it...holy crap those little mushy cubes hold a sh!t ton of water! I kept on squeezing and squeezing, and I probably got at least 5 cups of water out of them. Weird.
Do you like my new cutting board? I got two from Ikea, and they're way bigger than my old one. They bend too, so it makes dumping into a bowl quite easy!
I chopped up 4 cloves of garlic, one banana pepper (or just a yellow hot pepper...maybe it wasn't banana), and four mushrooms. I also grated some Jarlsberg swiss.


Instead of crackers, I used panko bread crumbs. Then I added olive oil, dried parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.


Two eggs and some mixing by hand later, Patties! I made four, but I probably should have made 5...they were pretty thick.


The finished product. Soooo tasty. Seriously. They look burnt in the picture, but they were just toasty :)


Happy Monday, everyone! Only four more days til the weekend :)
Any exciting things happening this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment